(^_^)/ *waves hard with right hand* hi hi. Hope you like what you see.
Sutiben always wanted a place where can show nice people the fun & interesting things suti finds. You’ll see some personal stories but … hehe lots of asian stuff. Gomen. suti can’t help it. ^^
And if you’re new here, don’t forget to check this page made just for you.
Sometimes you don’t get what you want.
And, instead, you receive a punch in the gut.
The reasons for disappointments usually are physical things:
- The Cookie Monster’s gigantic cookie is way out of reach, hidden high up on the mountains. *whispers* Didn’t you know? He’s a crafty one. He doesn’t want anyone near his treasure.
- You can’t visit Japan because you don’t have a plane ticket in your hands, not even a cheap one.
- Big mean companies discriminate against your country and block you from watching Korean variety shows on Youtube.
But when it comes to what stops you from meeting new people, the cause is totally different.
It has nothing to do with moola.
It has nothing to do with walking many blocks to reach them.
It has nothing to do with needing mummy’s permission.
No, it’s the very people who want to meet who get in the way.
What would you do if a Chinese stranger wants to meet and become friends?
That might sound wrong but Sutiben came across this not too long ago with a Chinese girl from New Jersey.
Being a longtime quiet guy, one doesn’t know many people so whenever a stranger comes by and says hi, the day suddenly shines brighter.
As is the case here when this Chinese girl contacted Sutiben and showed interest in getting together.
Not knowing each other well, we exchange anonymous messages through some website.
(⌒▽⌒) hehe suti couldn’t hit the reply button fast enough.
Why would a Jersey girl from China & a New Yorker chat?
Take a peek at the raw conversation that went down between us.
- Sutiben: hi hi. ^^)/~~~ Just saw your message.
Chinese girl: Hello. I am a Chinese girl, who living in America for couple years. But I don’t know much about American culture.
And I don’t have a lot friend here. I am looking for some American friend who is interseted about Chinese culture, so we can discuss. And my English is not very good, I want to improve my English by making friend here. Thank you.
- Sutiben: Ah, kk. If you’re willing to help Sutiben learn Chinese, am more than willing to help you too for free. Even if your English is bad, ‘tis not a problem. The only issue is at the moment Sutiben would like meet in Manhattan.
- Chinese girl: I live in Edison right now. Is it possible you come here.
- Sutiben: Don’t think can make it all the way to Edison at the moment. However, suti currently goes to NJ on weekdays. Maybe we can meet around Hoboken then? Or if want to hang out on weekends, we could but it’ll have to be in NYC. Now, for this coming Sunday we can see each other in Hoboken but just know suti can’t do that consistently. Is that good?
Chinese girl: Hoboken is still a kind of far from my house. But it’s fine. If you want, you can text me to my phone number. I can meet you in Hoboken this Sunday. Please send me the detail address. So I can check my GPS. Sorry for your trouble. Because I have to work from Monday to Friday, and I don’t want to drive to NYC. It’s too crowded as I am a new driver.
BTW, I am working in a company right now, but my English is not that good right now, so sometimes I can’t understand what they say I think the most important thing to help me get a good salary is to improve my English.
- Sutiben: Sweet. So you wanna improve your English to earn a higher salary? Judging from your writing though, your English doesn’t seem bad at all. Wonder if sutiben can really help. Do you have something planned?
Chinese girl: I studied English before for almost 10 years. And I don’t have a plan right now. Now I just want to know much more about the culture of America.
When I go meet with the clients, I can understand what they talk about. Now I am a kind of confused. Of course, the most important to improve my English is to get a better job.
- Sutiben: *sends meeting time & details* Sutiben no have cell so in order for us not to miss each other when we get together, let’s stand in one of the street corners there. If you see someone standing and carrying a black backpack (with a clueless face ^^) you’ll know that’s suti.
- Chinese girl: All Right. See you on Sunday. I will take a pink handbag with me. Let me know if you make any changes.
Growing Desire: The Days Leading to The Sudden Drop
Turns out she wants Sutiben’s help with her English.
*nods* Sutiben can do that.
´д` ; 야! suti knows you’re still giggling about not carrying a cellphone. Quit thinking about it.
Sutiben didn’t expect much at the beginning but as she kept talking, she seemed like the real deal.
(^з^)-☆ suti spilled cereal on the floor fantasizing about [finding the new Jihae][jihae].
The meeting is set days ahead but Sutiben is so pumped that clear whole weekend schedule at that moment. You can say Sutiben is a lil’ excited and can’t wait for Monday to pass. Who knows how long it’ll last.
Sutiben counts the week days as they pass by.
Then, late Saturday night, the following message pops up.
I am Sorry. I can’t meet you this weekend. My aunt just call me and say she will come back this weekend. My aunt just come back from NY tonight. So I have to take care of her. Sorry about that.
*hangs head down in defeat*
And just like that, event canceled.
But that’s not the end of it. Days later received another message.
Sorry to reply late, my aunt got car accident this week. I am busy running between office, hospital and home.
And so now not only aunt came to visit but she got into an accident?
Sutiben no know what to think. Hope she no playing around. Didn’t think would have a chance to make a new Chinese friend. All can think right now is if she’s serious. Will let you know if something develops.